Imaging Services & Capabilities //
The Mind Research Network (MRN) offers magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), magnetoencephalography (MEG) and electroencephalography (EEG) infrastructure and services. Information needed to scan research participants at MRN is provided below, including descriptions of the equipment, technical support services, as well as policies and procedures for payment, scheduling, and day-of-scan details. Visit the Imaging Service Centers by clicking on the links below.
IMAGING SERVICE CENTERS
- 3T MRI Center – Siemens 3T Trio with Total Imaging Matrix (TIM) Application Suite
- Mobile 1.5T MRI Center – Siemens Avanto 1.5T Mobile MRI Scanner
- Magnetoencephalography (MEG) Center – Elekta Neuromag Vector-View 306 channel MEG system
- Electroencephalography (EEG) Systems
Technical Support and Services
MRN has expert staff who can provide support in the following areas: project development (e.g., determining scan capabilities and study feasibility), data acquisition, image analysis, and neuroinformatics services. All MRI and MEG scan sessions include the use of a certified licensed MR or MEG technologist, and training on stimulus delivery equipment. Physicists and engineers are also available to discuss and customize imaging sequences.
Pricing and Billing Information
MRN accepts subawards, purchase orders and contracts for scanning services, labor and supplies. A purchase order, subaward or contract must be submitted to MRN before you can scan on MRN imaging equipment. For a price quote, please complete the online request form. For questions regarding price quotes, please contact email@example.com. All purchase orders, subawards or contracts will be linked to a Billing Code, which will be used to issue an invoice. Billing will be in half hour increments. Machine time includes MRI/MEG technician. In addition, MRI cost includes a neuroradiological review for brain scans. For non-brain scans or extensive brain reads (beyond incidental findings review), this service may be able to be provided at an additional cost (not included in the hourly scan rate). MRI scans canceled within 72 hours or less of the scheduled time will be billed in full, unless another project is able to use the reserved time.
Policies and Procedures
MRN is committed to integrity, ethical behavior and professionalism in all areas. It is MRN policy to comply with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations that govern the conduct of its business. Policies, procedures and generally accepted standards of conduct are necessary for the orderly operation of MRN and for the benefit and protection of the rights and safety of all research participants, visitors and employees. These policies are an important part of the internal control structure and help promote effective business controls. Selected MRN policies are available on our website, or to access a comprehensive list of policies and procedures, visit our Investigator Site.
Training and Safety
Training is an important part of maintaining compliance with federal regulations and MRN policy. MRN policies require investigators to complete specific trainings based on job function and access to MRN resources.
OTHER HELPFUL LINKS:
- Chief Operations Officer, Director of Research, Jody Roberts – (505) 414-9504
- Medical Director, John Phillips, MD – (505) 272-5028
- MR Core Director, Vince Calhoun, PhD – (505) 272-1817
- MRI Technologist, Victoria Bixler – (505) 272-4376
- MEG Core Director, Julia Stephen, PhD – (505) 504-1053
- MEG Technologist, Dathan Gleichmann – (505) 272-5028
- Mobile MRI Core Director, Kent Kiehl, PhD – (505) 925-4516
- Scan Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org